This month’s ABC book: “Have You Filled a Bucket Today” by Carol McCloud is about expressing daily kindness and appreciation to others.
Goals of lesson:
• Teach students the 3 laws of bucket filling:
o Be a bucket filler.
o Don’t dip.
o Use your lid.
• Empower students to intentionally fill their own buckets and the buckets of others with good feelings (warm fuzzies).
After your child has had the lesson in class, ask your child to tell you more about:
• Warm fuzzies-What are they?
• Bucket fillers-How can you fill your own bucket and the buckets of others?
• Bucket dippers-How can you keep a lid on your bucket and how can you help bucket dippers fill their bucket?
When you “catch” kids modeling positive behaviors…Notice, Name it, and Celebrate it! Name it, and Celebrate it!