Holy Spirit Parent Portal
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT SERVICE HOURS FORM
At Holy Spirit School, the education of each child is a cooperative effort involving administrators, teachers, staff, parents and parishioners. We firmly believe that positive interaction with caring adults significantly improves our students’ achievement and models the behavior of serving others. We require parental involvement because we are committed to giving every one of our students this advantage for life.
We require that every Holy Spirit family volunteer a minimum of 40 hours throughout the year (May through April.) Although it is always preferable that families complete required volunteer hours, we recognize that sometimes this is not possible. Hardships need to be discussed with the Administration and will be addressed on an individual basis. If families are unable to complete the required 40 volunteer hours by April 30th of the school year, they will be invoiced $10 for each incomplete hour.
Before volunteering, any family member (18 and over) needs to complete the following steps:
- Fingerprinting (instruction attached below)
- Complete the online Virtus Safe Environment Training (instructions attached below) and submit the completion certificate to the front office
- Complete an Adult Volunteer Waiver and submit it to the front office
- **Additional immunizations are required for Pre-K volunteers**
- Spring Fundraiser
- Fundraising Requirement Designated Donation - please clearly designate these donations as "fundraising requirement" donations.
(and Corporate Matching Gifts associated with these donations)
The funds from these efforts aim to enrich our current programs, invest in new resources or provide improvements to our campus, as needed. The scope of these funds extends beyond the day-to-day school operations.
- The Legacy Fund – A restricted funds account that was established by our school’s founding pastor with the goal of providing tuition assistance to families who strongly desire a Catholic education but need financial assistance to make it possible. We continue to grow this fund each year and are committed to its long-term sustainability.
- Special Events - Holy Spirit School hosts three annual fundraising events. You can support these events in any of the following ways: be a cash sponsor / underwrite an area of the event, donate a live or silent auction item, buy a ticket and attend the event, or volunteer your time. We encourage families to participate in these events, as they not only raise funds for the school but also build a sense of community.
- Golf Tournament - The Golf Tournament is an adult-only event hosted annually and benefits both the school and church communities. This event is a sell-out and brings the community together for a fun day of golfing and community building.
- Auction - This annual adult-only fundraiser is a time for fun, food, fellowship and a live auction featuring one-of-a-kind items made by each class as well as other exciting trips and luxury items.
- Fun Run - This event engages the students, as they are actively involved in requesting pledges from family members, friends and neighbors for the number of laps they complete. This is a fun event for the entire community.
STAYING IN TOUCH
The majority of our communication is done electronically, through our Student Information System (PowerSchool), the system interface (ParentSquare), email, and a variety of programs used at various grade levels. Tuition and fees, some fundraising programs, hot lunch & school supply purchases, etc., are all handled via websites and online ordering systems. It’s easy, efficient, and exciting to be able to offer all of this to our students and parents!
The PowerSchool and ParentSquare systems are based on student attendance. This means families can only access the systems during the school year. Summer communication will come to you via email. An invitation to register with ParentSquare and PowerSchool passwords (for NEW families/students) will come home the first week of school.
A brief explanation of some of the communication vehicles used here at HSS and a list of some commonly used websites / phone numbers can be found on our Sites & Phone Numbers Contact Information page in the Parent Portal.
Hopefully this will help you locate what you need.
NEW FAMILY WELCOME PROGRAM
COMING ONTO CAMPUS
- Grades K-2: Circular driveway located at the front of the school
- Grades 3-5: Drive-through located in the back parking lot
- Grades 6-8: Drive-through located at the middle school gate
LUNCH AT SCHOOL